60+ San Diego Weekend Events: Father’s Day, Solstice, La Jolla Festival of the Arts, Beer Festival, Free Summer Concerts & Movies, Beer, Wine, Parties, & More | June 18-21, 2015
Summer is coming and there are lots of fun and interesting San Diego events to check out including the San Diego International Beer Festival, the International Boat Show, La Jolla’s Festival of the Arts, many Solstice & Father’s Day Events, free Movies in the Park, and much more! Below is a list of several fun events, and most of them are FREE!
FREE San Diego: Subscribe to our email newsletter of San Diego events, festivals, specials, & GIVEAWAYS!
San Diego Weekend Events: June 18-21, 2015
San Diego Weekly Events:
- Thursdays: Curbside Bites @ Innovations Academy | Gourmet Food Trucks, 5-8PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Thursdays Is The New Firkin Friday @ Thorn Street Brewery | New Cask Of Specialty Ale Starting @ 5:30PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Thirsty Thursdays Trivia @ Tidewater Tavern | 7PM, Drink Specials, Prizes (more info)
- Thursdays: Carmel Valley – Certified Farmers’ Market @ Canyon Crest Academy | 2:30-7PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Horton Square Farmers Market | March-October, 11AM-3PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Linda Vista Farmers’ Market | 2-6PM (more info)
- Thurdays: UTC Farmers’ Market @ 7131 Regents | 3-7PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Balboa Park History Tour @ San Diego History Center | $15, 11AM-Noon (more info)
- Thursdays: Oceanside – Farmers’ Market @ Downtown Oceanside | 9AM-1PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Oceanside – Sunset Market @ Downtown Oceanside | Farmers’ Market, Arts & Crafts, Live Music, 5-9PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Chula Vista – Third Avenue Village Farmers’ Market | 3-7PM (more info)
- Fridays: Free Lunchtime Concerts @ Westfield UTC | ‘Plaza Unglugged’, Local San Diego Musicians, 12-2PM (more info)
- Fridays: Friday Night Live Free Concerts @ Carlsbad Village | 7-9PM (more info)
- Fridays: Ecstatic Dance: Shut Up & Throw Down @ Dance Place San Diego | Classes & Open Dance Parties, 1st & 3rd Fridays (more info)
- Fridays: Gaslamp Ghosts Walking Tour | 90 Minute Tour Through Gaslamp’s Most Haunted Locations, 5PM (more info)
- Fridays: Hops On The Harbor | Beer Pairing Dinner Cruise, Live Music, Harbor Views (more info)
- Fridays: People’s Produce Farmers’ Market | South Eastern San Diego Outdoor Marketplace, 3-7PM (more info)
- Fridays: Kearny Mesa Farmers Market @ 5898 Copley Dr | 10:30AM-1:30PM (more info)
- Fridays: La Mesa – Farmers Market @ La Mesa Civic Center | Fresh Produce, Flowers, Hot Food, Artisan Cheeses & Oils, 2-6PM (more info)
- Fridays: Imperial Beach – Farmers’ Market @ Pier Plaza | Noon-7:30PM (more info)
- Saturdays: City Heights Farmers’ Market | Produce, Arts & Crafts, Kids’ Activities, Live Entertainment, 9AM-1PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Little Italy Summer Film Festival @ Amici Park Amphiteater | Film Screenings, 8PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Vista Farmers Market @ San Diego County Courthouse | Oldest Farmers Market In San Diego County, 8AM-1Pm (more info)
- Saturdays: Little Italy Mercato @ W. Cedar From Kettner To Front | Market, Live Music, 8AM-2PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Tuna Harbor Dockside Market @ Port Of San Diego | Free, Open Air Seafood Market, 8AM-1PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Golden Hill Farmers’ Market @ B Street Between 27th & 28th | 9:30AM-1:30PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Free Lunchtime Concerts @ Westfield UTC | ‘Plaza Unglugged’, Local San Diego Musicians, 12-2PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Scripps Ranch Farmers’ Market | 9AM-1:30PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Southeast San Diego Peoples Produce Certified Market | 3-6PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Del Mar – Farmers Market @ Del Mar City Hall Parking Lot | Fresh Produce, Eggs, Seafood, Flowers, 1-4PM (more info)
- Sundays: Free Sunday Concerts @ Seaport Village East Plaza Gazebo | 1-4PM, Family Friendly (more info)
- Sundays: North San Diego Farmers Market @ Sikes Adobe Historic Farmstead | 10:30AM-3:30PM (more info)
- Sundays: Gaslamp 3rd Avenue Farmers Market | 9AM-1PM (more info)
- Sundays: Hillcrest Farmers Market @ Hillcrest DMV Parking Lot | 9AM-2PM (more info)
- Sundays: Free Lunchtime Concerts @ Westfield UTC | ‘Plaza Unglugged’, Local San Diego Musicians, 12-2PM (more info)
- Sundays: Point Loma Farmers’ Market @ Canon & Rosecrans | 9:30AM-2:30Pm (more info)
- Sundays: San Marcos – Farmers’ Market @ 1020 W San Marcos Blvd | 11AM-3PM (more info)
- Sundays: Solana Beach – Cedros Avenue Farmers’ Market | 1-5PM (more info)
- Sundays: Rancho Santa Fe – Farmers Market @ 16079 San Dieguito Rd | 9:30AM-2PM (more info)
All Weekend: International Boat Show @ Sheraton Hotel & Marina | Boat & Equipment Sales, Hands-On Activities, Stand-Up Paddle Boarding, Yoga, Clinics & Seminars
Make your boating dreams a reality by checking out the approximately 140 boats for sale, as well as the latest nautical gear, gadgets and accessories. If you’re dreaming big, our expanded selection of 80’+ superyachts, created in partnership with the U.S. and San Diego Superyacht Association, offers a chance for you to experience what luxury boating is all about. More info.
June 18: San Diego Youth Symphony’s China Tour Bon Voyage Concert @ Plaza de Panama | Symphony Concert
The Art of Music Concert Series kicks off its summer program with a celebratory concert launching the San Diego Youth Symphony and Conservatory’s 70th Anniversary season. This is the first of three free outdoor concerts set in the scenic Plaza de Panama. More info.
June 18: Del Mar – Summer Solstice @ Powerhouse Park | Outdoor Celebration, Live Music, Food & Drink, 5-8PM
Come experience delectable culinary creations from Del Mar´s highly regarded restaurants, enjoy selections from some of California´s best wineries and breweries, and enjoy live music by Semisi & FulaBula. More info.
June 18: La Jolla – The Athenaeum Night Owls | Mural Crawl, Guided Tour, Drinks, 7-10PM
Tour the murals and bars of La Jolla at the Athenaeum Night Owl’s Mural Crawl! At 7 pm the tour will leave the Athenaeum to explore 7 murals around La Jolla Village. Lynda Forsha will explain and illuminate the murals against the backdrop of the setting sun. More info.
June 18: La Jolla – Free Third Thursdays @ Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego | 5-7PM (more info)
June 18: George Thorogood and The Destroyers/Brian Setzer’s Rockabilly Riot Tour 2015 @ Humphreys Concerts By The Bay | With Special Guest Davy Knowles, 7:00PM (more info)
June 18: Santee – The Cat-illacs @ Santee Town Center Community Park East | Part Of Free Summer Concert Series, 6:30-8PM (more info)
June 18-20: Sklar Brothers @ The American Comedy Co. | Comedy, $18 (more info)
June 19: Brian Wilson with Al Jardine & Blondie Chaplin @ Humphreys Concerts By The Bay | With Special Guest Rodriguez, 7:30PM (more info)
June 19: Carlsbad – Foreign Film Fridays @ Carlsbad City Library | Son of Rambow (UK, 2007, PG-13), Free, 4&7PM (more info)
June 19: Oceanside – The Mardels @ Rancho Del Oro Park | Live Music, 6-8PM (more info)
June 19 & 20: Tin Roof 1 Year Anniversary Weekend | Live Music, Food & Drink Specials
2 weekends of anniversary celebrations start on June 19th and 20th featuring $1 Beers, food specials, raffle prizes, and live music by Jordan English all weekend long! Thank you for supporting live music in the Gaslamp for 1 year! More info.
June 19-21: Del Mar – San Diego International Beer Festival @ Del Mar Fairgrounds | 400+ Beers, Tastings, Competition, Demonstrations
Now in our ninth year, the San Diego International Beer Festival has become one of the top beer festivals and competitions in the U.S.! Last year, nearly 11,000 beer lovers joined in on one of our five tasting sessions, sipping their way through varieties of ale, cider, porter, stout, mead and more! More info.
June 20: Fairy Festival 2015 @ San Diego Botanical Garden | Live Entertainment, Dancing, Costumes, Crafts, 10AM-4PM
Calling all young fairies! Come to the Hamilton Children’s Garden wearing your favorite costume. Fairy and garden-related flowery and glittery crafts will be offered for a small fee. In the morning, enjoy child-friendly live entertainment on stage. More info.
June 20: Mass Creativity Day @ The New Children’s Museum | Free, Outdoor Celebration, Art, Workshops, 10AM-4PM
Mass Creativity is an artist-led community outreach program that includes a series of six workshops throughout various San Diego neighborhoods. Designed to broaden the reach of the hands-on creativity that is a signature of the Museum, the program brings art-making experiences to audiences that might never be able to experience them. More info.
June 20: Farm Tour Day | Family-Friendly, Guided Walking Tours, Educational Exploration, 9AM-3PM
Enjoy a day in the country and get a behind-the-scenes look at how your food and flowers are grown on the Sixth Annual Farm Tour Day in San Diego County. This is an exclusive look at a side of San Diego County few people get to see. We take one day each year to allow the public an opportunity to experience farming life! We have three excellent tours this year in: Oceanside, Valley Center, & Encinitas. More info.
June 20: Centennial Festival @ Golden Hill Park | Live Music, Historical Exhibits, Antique Car Show, Food, Beer Garden, Kids Activities
Come join us for the Golden Hill Community – Balboa Park 1915 Expo Centennial Festival, a blending of the Golden Hill Street Fair and the Balboa Park 1915 Centennial. This event will celebrate the rich culture and history of both Balboa Park and Golden Hill in a fun and interactive way for all ages. More info.
June 20: Rose On Midsummer’s Eve @ The Westgate Hotel | Wine, Food, Live Music
The Westgate presents the country’s most cutting-edge wine club Le Metro to welcome summer with their 2nd Annual Rosé edition! Le Metro will feature delicious Rosé wines served alongside Executive Chef Fabrice Hardel’s selection of Provencal-style charcuterie – cheeses, vegetables and potato bar to entertain your palate! More info.
June 20: Carlsbad – Village Music Walk | Free, Live Music, 4,000+ Attendees
Carlsbad Music Festival kicks of the summer with its third annual free Village Music Walk, featuring dozens of musicians performing over 50 sets during a 6 hour celebration of adventurous music.The Village Music Walk is a community event that features a wide array of music performed in outdoor and indoor spaces throughout the historic Village of Carlsbad. More info.
June 20: Poway – Sam Hinton Folk Heritage Festival @ Old Poway Park | Live Folk Music, Dancing, Family-Friendly, 10:30AM
Once again we gather to celebrate folk heritage in honor of our old friend Sam Hinton – illustrator, writer, marine biologist, university instructor, TV personality, and dedicated folk musician. Bring instruments, friends, dogs, kids, dancing shoes, food, and your engineer’s cap, and we will supply the rest. More info.
June 20: Ramona – The Grind (Rock & soul) @ Ramona Oaks Park | 6-9PM, Free Summer Concerts in the Park (more info)
June 20: Oceanside – Free Movie At The Pier | Showing Surf’s Up, Movie Begins At Sunset (more info)
June 20: Carlsbad – Village Music Walk @ Throughout Carlsbad | Free, Over 50 Music Sets, 4,000+ Attendees, Family-Friendly, 4-10PM
Carlsbad Music Festival kicks of the summer with its third annual free Village Music Walk, featuring dozens of musicians performing over 50 sets during a 6 hour community celebration of adventurous music. The Village Music Walk is an all- ages community event that features a wide array of music performed in outdoor and indoor spaces throughout the historic Village of Carlsbad. More info.
June 20: Bonita – Bonita Road Runners | 5K & Junior 1K Races, Starts at 7:30AM
The 31st Annual Bonita 5K (formerly known as the Bonita 5000) takes place on the roads surrounding Rohr Park and it is fast and flat. Race starts and ends at Lot C. The Junior 1K race will start at the same location, but will take place inside the park. More info.
June 20-21: La Jolla Festival Of The Arts @ UCSD Warren Field | Art Viewing, Live Entertainment, Food & Drink
Meet nearly 200 artists in an intimate setting of original fine art, entertainment and delicious cuisines, complemented with fine wine and craft beer as you stroll the turf of UCSD Warren Field. This is not a street fair but an elegant and high quality showcase. More info.
June 20-21: Father’s Day Sail Aboard Californian | 3 Hour Sailing Trip On Tall Ship, Beautiful Views, Food & Drink
The Maritime Museum of San Diego invites you to a Fathers Day celebration aboard the States official tall ship Californian on either Saturday or Sunday. The sail begins with a souvenir photo of all in your party. Each adult receives a delicious bratwurst sandwich, chips and a cold beer prior to sailing. Hot dogs and soft drinks are available for the kids. More info.
June 20-21: Wooden Boat Festival | Boat Viewing, Rides, Demonstrations, Live Music, Kids Activities
The 25th annual San Diego Wooden Boat Festival, featuring more than 70 classic crafts, seminars on traditional maritime skills and activities for kids, will be held June 20-21 at the Koehler Kraft boatyard on Shelter Island. It’s the premier annual event for Southern California traditional wooden boat enthusiasts and provides a rare opportunity for the general public to view these crafts up close. More info.
June 20-21: El Cajon – Air Group One AirShow San Diego @ Gillespie Field | View Modern & Vintage Aircrafts, Mock Battle, Vintage Cars, Family Friendly, Live Music, Food & Drink
AirShow San Diego Commemorates the 70th Anniversary of America’s Triumph in WWII, and Salutes our Veterans’ Devotion and Sacrifice in conflicts since 1945. This year’s show will feature a representative collection of aircraft and acts to support the commemoration of the 70th anniversary of the end of WWII. More info.
June 21: Father’s Day Cruises Aboard Inspiration Hornblower | Brunch & Dinner Cruises, Food & Drinks, San Diego Bay Views
This Father’s Day, show Dad how much you appreciate him with a Father’s Day brunch cruise on spectacular San Diego Bay. More info.
June 21: Father’s Day Brunch @ The Westgate Hotel | Food & Drink, Live Music, 10AM-2PM
Join us with friends and family for Father’s Day at the Westgate Hotel! Experience our award-winning Sunday Brunch featuring local renowned Stone Brewery exquisite beer tasting! More info.
June 21: Father’s Day Paintball Special @ Total Combat Paintball | First 50 Dads Play For Free
Give your dad a Father’s Day gift to remember this year. Forget the socks and tools; give your Dad an adrenaline rush paintball experience. Hit the paintball field with DAD for a day full of fun at Total Combat Paintball as we celebrate Dad’s day with Paintball, Nerf, and Low Impact Paintball. More info.
June 21: La Jolla – Family ArtLab: Sculptural Portraits @ MCASD La Jolla | Family-Friendly, Museum Exhibit, Hands-On Art (more info)
June 21: La Mesa – Pop Vinyl @ Harry Griffen Park | Free, Top 40 Music, Part Of “Sundays At Six”, 6PM (more info)
- June: June Events, Festivals, Parties, & Entertainment
- June 21: Father’s Day Events: Brunch, Specials, Gift Ideas, & More
- July 4th: Fourth of July Events: Fireworks, Celebrations, Pictures, Where To Watch, Parades
- Pride: Pride Events: Parade, Festival, Shows, & More
- September 4-7: Labor Day Labor Day Weekend Events: Concerts, Festivals, Parties, Food & Drink
Newsletter: Subscribe to our email newsletter of San Diego events, festivals, specials, & GIVEAWAYS!
Submit events: If you would like to submit events for our calendar, please email us at sandiegopipeline at gmail dot com