80+ San Diego July 4th Weekend Events: Big Bay Boom, Parades, County Fair, Beer, Wine, Parties, & More | July 2-5, 2015
Fourth of July weekend is here & we’ve got lots of ways for you to celebrate! Our Fourth of July Events calendar has many events listed, including your fireworks fix at Big Bay Boom, patriotic music with the Star Spangled Pops all weekend, or celebrations in Ocean Beach, Escondido, Coronado, & many others! Below is a list of several other fun events, and most of them are FREE!
FREE San Diego: Subscribe to our email newsletter of San Diego events, festivals, specials, & GIVEAWAYS!
San Diego Weekend Events: July 2-5, 2015
San Diego Weekly Events:
- Thursdays: Curbside Bites @ Innovations Academy | Gourmet Food Trucks, 5-8PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Thursdays Is The New Firkin Friday @ Thorn Street Brewery | New Cask Of Specialty Ale Starting @ 5:30PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Thirsty Thursdays Trivia @ Tidewater Tavern | 7PM, Drink Specials, Prizes (more info)
- Thursdays: Carmel Valley – Certified Farmers’ Market @ Canyon Crest Academy | 2:30-7PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Horton Square Farmers Market | March-October, 11AM-3PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Linda Vista Farmers’ Market | 2-6PM (more info)
- Thurdays: UTC Farmers’ Market @ 7131 Regents | 3-7PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Balboa Park History Tour @ San Diego History Center | $15, 11AM-Noon (more info)
- Thursdays: Oceanside – Farmers’ Market @ Downtown Oceanside | 9AM-1PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Oceanside – Sunset Market @ Downtown Oceanside | Farmers’ Market, Arts & Crafts, Live Music, 5-9PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Chula Vista – Third Avenue Village Farmers’ Market | 3-7PM (more info)
- Fridays: Free Lunchtime Concerts @ Westfield UTC | ‘Plaza Unglugged’, Local San Diego Musicians, 12-2PM (more info)
- Fridays: Friday Night Live Free Concerts @ Carlsbad Village | 7-9PM (more info)
- Fridays: Ecstatic Dance: Shut Up & Throw Down @ Dance Place San Diego | Classes & Open Dance Parties, 1st & 3rd Fridays (more info)
- Fridays: Gaslamp Ghosts Walking Tour | 90 Minute Tour Through Gaslamp’s Most Haunted Locations, 5PM (more info)
- Fridays: Hops On The Harbor | Beer Pairing Dinner Cruise, Live Music, Harbor Views (more info)
- Fridays: People’s Produce Farmers’ Market | South Eastern San Diego Outdoor Marketplace, 3-7PM (more info)
- Fridays: Kearny Mesa Farmers Market @ 5898 Copley Dr | 10:30AM-1:30PM (more info)
- Fridays: La Mesa – Farmers Market @ La Mesa Civic Center | Fresh Produce, Flowers, Hot Food, Artisan Cheeses & Oils, 2-6PM (more info)
- Fridays: Imperial Beach – Farmers’ Market @ Pier Plaza | Noon-7:30PM (more info)
- Saturdays: City Heights Farmers’ Market | Produce, Arts & Crafts, Kids’ Activities, Live Entertainment, 9AM-1PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Little Italy Summer Film Festival @ Amici Park Amphiteater | Film Screenings, 8PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Vista Farmers Market @ San Diego County Courthouse | Oldest Farmers Market In San Diego County, 8AM-1Pm (more info)
- Saturdays: Little Italy Mercato @ W. Cedar From Kettner To Front | Market, Live Music, 8AM-2PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Tuna Harbor Dockside Market @ Port Of San Diego | Free, Open Air Seafood Market, 8AM-1PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Golden Hill Farmers’ Market @ B Street Between 27th & 28th | 9:30AM-1:30PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Free Lunchtime Concerts @ Westfield UTC | ‘Plaza Unglugged’, Local San Diego Musicians, 12-2PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Scripps Ranch Farmers’ Market | 9AM-1:30PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Southeast San Diego Peoples Produce Certified Market | 3-6PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Del Mar – Farmers Market @ Del Mar City Hall Parking Lot | Fresh Produce, Eggs, Seafood, Flowers, 1-4PM (more info)
- Sundays: Free Sunday Concerts @ Seaport Village East Plaza Gazebo | 1-4PM, Family Friendly (more info)
- Sundays: North San Diego Farmers Market @ Sikes Adobe Historic Farmstead | 10:30AM-3:30PM (more info)
- Sundays: Gaslamp 3rd Avenue Farmers Market | 9AM-1PM (more info)
- Sundays: Hillcrest Farmers Market @ Hillcrest DMV Parking Lot | 9AM-2PM (more info)
- Sundays: Free Lunchtime Concerts @ Westfield UTC | ‘Plaza Unglugged’, Local San Diego Musicians, 12-2PM (more info)
- Sundays: Point Loma Farmers’ Market @ Canon & Rosecrans | 9:30AM-2:30Pm (more info)
- Sundays: San Marcos – Farmers’ Market @ 1020 W San Marcos Blvd | 11AM-3PM (more info)
- Sundays: Solana Beach – Cedros Avenue Farmers’ Market | 1-5PM (more info)
- Sundays: Rancho Santa Fe – Farmers Market @ 16079 San Dieguito Rd | 9:30AM-2PM (more info)
All Weekend: San Diego County Fair @ Balboa Park | Family-Friendly, Live Entertainment, Rides, Exhibitions, Food & Drink
Summer begins here! Join us for the San Diego County Fair as we present A Fair to Remember: a Celebration of World’s Fairs and Balboa Park. The San Diego County Fair will open on Friday, June 5 at 4:00PM (take a break from the Friday freeway and make it “Friday Fair Day”), and continues through Sunday, July 5. More info.
All Weekend: Lipsinky Family San Diego Jewish Arts Festival | Theatre, Art, Music, World Premieres
The Lipinsky Family San Diego Jewish Arts Festival has been presented by San Diego Repertory Theatre for 22 years. The festival is a celebration of artistic expressions of Jewish history, traditions and ideas. The festival has brought together artists from 13 different countries, produced numerous world premieres, and presented work in seven languages. More info.
July 2: Coronado – Del Beach Bash | Live Music, Fireworks Display, Fire Pits & S’Mores, 7-10PM
Celebrate Independence Day in Coronado! It’s an annual tradition for Hotel del Coronado and Beach Village guests alike. We transform the beach into a party to remember with live music by Ron’s Garage band, bars, fire pits, s’mores and a spectacular fireworks display. More info.
July 2: John Butler Trio @ Humphreys Concerts By The Bay | With Special Guest Anderson East, 7:30PM (more info)
July 2-4: Tony Rock @ The American Comedy Co. | Comedy, $18 (more info)
July 3: Oceanside – City of Oceanside Fireworks Show | Free, Food Trucks, Show Starts @ 9PM
The public is invited to the City of Oceanside Fireworks Show on July 3, 2015. Festivities will begin at 6PM and the fireworks display at 9PM. The fireworks will be staged north of El Corazon Senior Center, located at 3302 Senior Center Drive. Rancho Del Oro Road will be closed at 5PM just north of Oceanside Boulevard and south of Mesa Drive. Spectators are encouraged to arrive any time after 6PM, park in the nearby lots, bring a chair, and walk to the viewing area on Rancho Del Oro Road. Food trucks will be parked on Rancho Del Oro Road and will be selling a wide variety of foods.
July 3: San Ysidro – Independence Day At The Border @ Cesar Chavez Park | Free, Family-Friendly, Fireworks Display, Live Music, Food & Drink, 3-10PM
Come and enjoy an Independence Day Celebration in San Ysidro complete with children’s inflated city, mechanical bulls, live music all day on multiple stages, drinks, food and fireworks! More info.
July 3: Oceanside – Art Walk @ Downtown Oceanside | Free, Art, Performances, Music, 6-9PM, First Fridays
Oceanside is the home to military, surf, skate and now a thriving art district. Join as we promote our vibrant art community showcasing live performances, music, poetry, art education, culinary and pop-up art galleries embedded in local businesses and public spaces. More info.
July 3: Core @ 710 Beach Club | 3rd Anniversary Tour w/ Smells Like Nirvana & Punkture, 21+, $5, 9PM (more info)
July 3-5: Star Spangled Pops @ Embarcadero Marina Park South | Live Music Performance, 7:30PM
Pops goes the Fourth! Join us for the most patriotic party in San Diego: a Symphony celebration from “Stars and Stripes Forever” to “God Bless the U.S.A.” with Principal Pops Conductor Bill Conti, American Idol runner-up and Chula Vista native Jessica Sanchez and fireworks! More info.
July 3-7: National City – Carnival @ Kimball Park | Live Music, Dancing, Pageant (more info)
July 4: 4th Of July Picnic Dinner @ Maritime Museum Observation Deck | Food & Drink, Admission To Museum
The observation deck of the museum’s historic 1898 steam ferry Berkeley provides a spectacular view of the fireworks show over San Diego Bay and is reserved for guests participating in our delicious catered picnic dinner.More info.
July 4: Big Bay Boom @ Port Of San Diego | Independence Day Spectacular, 9PM
San Diego’s biggest 4th of July Fireworks show. Four different barges launch fireworks on San Diego’s Big Bay. Bring your lawnchairs and friends to watch the Big Bay Boom fireworks show! More info.
July 4: La Mesa – Fourth Of July Celebration/Fireworks Viewing @ San Pasqual Winery | Wine Cocktails, Dinner & Dessert, Fireworks Viewing, $60, 6:30-10PM
Enjoy wine cocktails, dinner and dessert, while watching the fireworks in reserved seats on our deck patio overlooking the Big Bay. The evening starts with our signature “Firecracker” Wine Cocktails with light appetizers, followed by Hawaiian Buffet Dinner. Choice of strawberry or blueberry pie for dessert, leading up to fireworks on the bay at 9:00 PM. More info.
July 4: Carlsbad – Red, White, & Boom @ Legoland | Family-Friendly, Fireworks Display, Live Music, Picnic Games, 10AM-9:30PM
The summer heats up at Legoland with a star-spangled Fourth of July celebration, “Red, White and Boom!” The awe-inspiring fireworks show begins at 8:30PM and blends patriotic music with dazzling pyrotechnics. Throughout the day, kids of all ages can enjoy live musical performances and participate in all-American family picnic games like water-balloon tosses, burlap sack races and building activities. More info.
July 4: 4th Of July Parade & Festivities @ Hoyt Park
Come and participate in your community and enjoy a fun filled day for family and friends! As a spectator you can cheer on your neighbors and friends who are in the parade. The theme is “Anchors Aweigh”. More info.
July 4: Fireworks Cruise Aboard Californian @ Maritime Museum | View Fireworks From Water, Food & Drinks, $85
For those looking for a more exhilarating experience, the museum is offering a fireworks cruise aboard the schoonerCalifornian. Passengers on board will experience the awesome power of Californians six-pound deck guns as she joins the fireworks presentation with a rousing broadside. More info.
July 4: Ocean Beach – 4th Of July Fireworks @ OB Pier | Holiday Fireworks Display, Large Crowd, Family-Friendly
Celebrate the fourth of July in Ocean Beach with a spectacular fireworks display off the OB Pier! Celebrate the official start of summer in Southern California by spending the day enjoying the many shops, restaurants and coffee shops in Downtown Ocean Beach. More info.
July 4: Santee – Santee Salutes July 4th @ Town Center Community Park | Free, Family-Friendly, Live Music, Food & Drinks, 3:30-10PM
Head to Santee to celebrate Independence Day! Featuring: Live music – 80z All Stars, Patriotic Ceremony, Kid’s Fun Zone all day, and a Spectacular fireworks display starting at 9PM. More info.
July 4: Escondido – Independence Day Festival & Fireworks @ Great Green | Free, Family-Friendly, 20,000+ Attendees, Live Entertainment, 4PM
This free community event features rockin’ live music, fabulous food vendors, and a wealth of children’s activities and games for everyone to enjoy. The day’s festivities will conclude with a special performance by Camp Pendleton’s 1st Marine Division Band and, of course, a dazzling fireworks display! You won’t want to miss this annual North County tradition! More info.
July 4: Coronado – Coronado July 4th | Parade, Fireworks, Fun Run, Arts & Crafts, Live Music
Independence Day in Coronado is as iconic as the island and The Del itself. Coronado Island celebrates July 4th with an annual parade, a fun run/walk, rough water swim, art-in-the-park and a concert at Spreckels Park. The day concludes with a spectacular fireworks finale over San Diego Bay, viewed from the Coronado Ferry Landing, or a fireworks display in Glorietta Bay. More info.
July 4: Rancho Bernardo – Spirit Of The Fourth | Parade, Fireworks Display, Live Music, Pancake Breakfast, Motor Show, Patriot Pet Contest
It’s an Old Fashioned Independence Day Celebration! Come for the community fair, parade, contests, fireworks, & more! More info.
July 4: Mira Mesa – 4th Of July Parade & Family Fun Day | Parade, Live Entertainment, Food & Drink, Carnival Rides, Fireworks Display
The day begins at 8AM with a Pancake Breakfast at the Epicentre. Family Fun Day has carnival rides, food vendors, and entertainment. The annual 4th of July Parade steps off at 11:30AM from the corner of Mira Mesa Blvd and Greenford Drive, traveling down Mira Mesa Blvd to Camino Ruiz. Family Fun Day continues until 9PM, and the Park provides a front row seat for the Fireworks Extravaganza. More info.
July 4: Poway – Old Fashioned 4th Of July & Fireworks | Free, Family-Friendly Festival, Live Entertainment, Reenactments, Train Rides, 10AM-10PM
Bring your family and friends and celebrate our country’s independence “turn-of-the-twentieth-century-style” at An Old-Fashioned Fourth of July. Display your patriotic spirit and enjoy some good old-fashioned fun! More info.
July 4: Julian – Julian 4th Of July Parade | Parade, Marching Bands, Vintage Aircraft Flyovers
The stars and stripes will move down Main Street during this year’s Julian Fourth of July parade, prompting selection of It’s Star Spangled Salute as the theme for the annual patriotic celebration. For more than 20 years, Julian residents, their friends and parade lovers from all over have lined up on the town’s main thoroughfare to watch the down-home parade. More info.
July 4: Rancho Santa Fe – 4th Of July Parde & Picnic | Free, Family-Friendly, Parade, Live Music, Food & Drink, 1-3PM
Pack a few blankets and chairs for Rancho Santa Fe’s Annual 4th of July Parade & Picnic with live music, food, fun and more. More info.
July 4: Fallbrook – 4th Of July Celebration @ Grand Tradition Estate & Gardens | Live Music, Food & Drink, Fireworks, Gates Open At 2PM
Celebrate the Fourth of July in Fallbrook with this celebration featuring: Fireworks at 9PM, live music, been & wine gardens, silent auction, rubber raft regatta, rubber duck race, children’s crafts, games, & activities. More info.
July 4: Ramona – Ramona Rotary Community Fireworks & Family Picnic @ Olive Pierce Middle School | Fireworks, Music, Children’s Games & Actitivies, 5:30-10PM
It’s an unforgettable experience when the skies over Ramona explode with color during the annual Ramona Rotary Community Fireworks and Family Picnic on July 4. Old Glory proudly waves, as residents take time to celebrate the Independence Day holiday. More info.
July 4: El Cajon – 4th Of July Picnic & Fireworks @ Kennedy Park | Free, Picnic, Children’s Activities, Fireworks, Noon-10PM (more info)
July 4: Ramona -West Coast Bandits @ Ramona Oaks Park | 11AM-3PM, Free Summer Concerts in the Park (more info)
July 4: Eva Shaw @ Omnia San Diego | Model-Turned-DJ, Electro & Progressive House Music (more info)
July 5: Indigo Girls @ Humphreys Concerts By The Bay | With Special Guest Caroline Aiken, 7:30PM (more info)
July 5: Oceanside – Sunday Concerts at Heritage Park | Free, Family-Friendly, 4-6PM (more info)
- July: July Events, Festivals, Parties, & Entertainment
- July 4th: Fourth of July Events: Fireworks, Celebrations, Pictures, Where To Watch, Parades
- Pride: Pride Events: Parade, Festival, Shows, & More
- September 4-7: Labor Day Labor Day Weekend Events: Concerts, Festivals, Parties, Food & Drink
Newsletter: Subscribe to our email newsletter of San Diego events, festivals, specials, & GIVEAWAYS!
Submit events: If you would like to submit events for our calendar, please email us at sandiegopipeline at gmail dot com