80+ San Diego Weekend Events & Giveaways ($350+): Comic-Con, Heroes Brew Festival, Concerts, Movies, Parties, & More | July 9-12, 2015
It’s going to be a fantastic weekend & we’ve got lots of great San Diego events for you including San Diego Comic-Con & BAMF Music Festival all weekend, Heroes Brew Craft Beer Festival, Over the Line World Championship Tournament on Saturday & Sunday, kickoff of free San Diego Summer Concerts & Carlsbad Flicks at the Fountain, & much more! Below is a list of several other fun events, and most of them are FREE!
FREE San Diego: Subscribe to our email newsletter of San Diego events, festivals, specials, & GIVEAWAYS!
Featured: Heroes Brew Craft Beer Festival @ The Loma Club | Unlimited Tastings, Costumes, Comic Books, Music, Food (WIN TICKETS, $120+)
Win San Diego Tickets:
- Win Tickets ($120+): San Diego Heroes Brew Craft Beer Festival @ The Loma Club | Unlimited Tastings, Comic Books, Costumes, Music, & More! (July 11)
- Win Tickets ($250+): San Diego Lemon Zest & Garlic Fest @ Waterfront Park | Unlimited Food, Beer & Wine, Live Entertainment, & More! (July 18)
San Diego Weekend Events: July 9-12, 2015
All Weekend: San Diego Comic-Con @ San Diego Convention Center | 130,000+ Attendees, Special Guests, Workshops, Anime & Film Screenings, Costumes, Autographs
Comic-Con is the focal point for the world of comics conventions. This event offers the complete convention experience: a giant Exhibit Hall; a massive programming schedule, featuring comics and all aspects of the popular arts; a Masquerade costume competition with prizes and trophies; and much more! More info.
All Weekend: BAMF Music Festival @ Ruocco Park | Music, Comedy, Podcasts, Featuring Nerf Herder, The Double Clicks, & More
Amidst a smorgasbord of SDCC off-sites, BAMF is the biggest, cheekiest, cheapest comedy/podcast/panel/music festival you’ve never heard of. With board games, a bounce house, quidditch, beer and more content than you can shake a stick at, BAMF is your outdoor escape from crowded convention halls! More info.
All Weekend: Lipsinky Family San Diego Jewish Arts Festival | Theatre, Art, Music, World Premieres
The Lipinsky Family San Diego Jewish Arts Festival has been presented by San Diego Repertory Theatre for 22 years. The festival is a celebration of artistic expressions of Jewish history, traditions and ideas. The festival has brought together artists from 13 different countries, produced numerous world premieres, and presented work in seven languages. More info.
July 9: Comic Strip @ The American Comedy Co. | Comedy & Burlesque, Comic-Con Edition, $12, 8PM (more info)
July 9: You Made It Weird With Pete Holmes @ The American Comedy Co. | $18, 10PM (more info)
July 9: Boz Scaggs @ Humphreys Concerts By The Bay | 7:30PM (more info)
July 9: Pokemon: Symphonic Evolutions @ Embarcadero Marina Park South | San Diego Symphony Orchestra, For Comic-Con Weekend, 8PM (more info)
July 9: Santee – Springsteen Experience @ Santee Town Center Community Park East | Part Of Free Summer Concert Series, 6:30-8PM (more info)
July 10: Del Mar – Del Mar Racing Kickoff Party @ The Grand Del Mar | Live Entertainment, Hat & Fashion Showcase, Food & Drinks, 4PM-2AM
Del Mar Racing, the most celebrated summer sensation of San Diego is finally back. Kickoff the 78th season at the coveted Cool As Ever Pre-Party at Club M at The Grand Del Mar on Friday, July 10! Enjoy a hat & fashion showcase, the dazzling Derby Dolls, live entertainment, special guest DJ, track themed cocktails, plus a chance to win the Best Dressed Prize in your most fashionable Turf Club attire! More info.
July 10: Tim Heidecker, Neil Hamburger @ Observatory North Park | Comedy, 8PM (more info)
July 10-11: Zombies & Demons @ Total Combat Paintball | Paintball Fight, $50, 4PM-Midnight
Enter the darken TCP Warehouse, the only light you will have is the light reflecting from your headlights. You will need to clear 3 Zones without being converted into zombies. Each participate will have three life lines hanging from their waistband (Flags), if all three lifelines are taken “Game Over” for you. More info.
July 10-11: Chicano-Con @ Border X Brewing Logan Tasting Room | Art Show, Movies, Giveaways, Food & Drink, 2-11PM
Featuring the “Latino/a Super Heroes: Past, Present, and Future” art show and event, movie nights, comic book giveaways, raffles, and food. More info.
WIN TICKETS ($120+) – July 11: Heroes Brew Craft Beer Festival @ The Loma Club | Unlimited Tastings, Costumes, Comic Books, Music, Food
Heroes Brew Fest returns at an amazing new venue located on the gorgeous greens of the Loma Club near Liberty Station. This Craft Beer Comic Book event will be filled with unlimited sampling of over 40+ Breweries, costumed craziness, music, multiple food vendors, prizes and more! More info.
July 11: SDCC Horror Gathering @ Children’s Museum Park | Free, Costumes & Cosplay, 5PM
That’s right! Bring your best cosplay/costume and join many others in our first Horror gathering at Comic-Con International! We are going to take group photos and post them online! Any horror Cosplay is welcome! More info.
July 11: Ray At Night @ North Park Neighborhood | Art Walk, 6-10PM, Second Saturdays
Come and visit North Park’s eclectic Art & Culture neighborhood and be inspired by all the creative energy from local and nationally known artists. Ray @ Night is San Diego’s largest and longest-running monthly art walk. More info.
July 11: Encinitas – Switchfoot Bro-Am Surf Contest & Concert @ Moonlight Beach | Surfing Contest, Live Music, Auction, Vendors
An annual event near and dear to Switchfoot’s heart, the Bro-Am was created to give back to the San Diego community while benefiting local children’s charities through funds raised at a pre-event auction night soiree, as well as from vendors on the beach day- of, corporate surf team entries, and sponsorships. More info.
July 11: Legend Of Zelda: Symphony Of The Goddesses @ Copley Symphony Hall | 4 Movement Symphony Based On The Video Game, 7:30PM (more info)
July 11: Star Trek: Into Darkness @ Embarcadero Marina Park South | Movie Score Performed By San Diego Symphony Orchestra, 8PM (more info)
July 11-12: Over The Line World Championships Tournament @ Fiesta Island | Sport Tournament, Food & Drink, Games Begin At 7:30AM
The annual OMBAC World Championship Over The Line Tournament, organized by Old Mission Beach Athletic Club, is a prominent event in San Diego’s beach sports life. The World Championships now gathers more than 1200 teams from all over the world. More info.
July 11-12: Oceanside – Christmas In July Fair & Carnival | Rummage sale, Arts & Crafts, Kids’ Activities, Live Entertainment, 9AM-5PM
An annual shopping extravaganza, Christmas in July draws thousands of people each year. Offering handmade arts and craft items (many with Christmas themes) by over 150 artisans, the event also includes a rummage sale, bake sale, food court raffle, kid’s activity area and live entertainment. More info.
July 12: Heroes @ Hoyt Park | Live Music, Part Of The Scripp’s Ranch Symphony In The Park Series, 6PM (more info)
July 12: La Mesa – Breez’n @ Harry Griffen Park | Free, Jazz, Part Of “Sundays At Six”, 6PM (more info)
July 12: Oceanside – Sunday Concerts at Heritage Park | Free, Family-Friendly, 4-6PM (more info)
San Diego Weekly Events:
- Thursdays: Curbside Bites @ Innovations Academy | Gourmet Food Trucks, 5-8PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Thursdays Is The New Firkin Friday @ Thorn Street Brewery | New Cask Of Specialty Ale Starting @ 5:30PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Thirsty Thursdays Trivia @ Tidewater Tavern | 7PM, Drink Specials, Prizes (more info)
- Thursdays: Carmel Valley – Certified Farmers’ Market @ Canyon Crest Academy | 2:30-7PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Horton Square Farmers Market | March-October, 11AM-3PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Linda Vista Farmers’ Market | 2-6PM (more info)
- Thurdays: UTC Farmers’ Market @ 7131 Regents | 3-7PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Balboa Park History Tour @ San Diego History Center | $15, 11AM-Noon (more info)
- Thursdays: Oceanside – Farmers’ Market @ Downtown Oceanside | 9AM-1PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Oceanside – Sunset Market @ Downtown Oceanside | Farmers’ Market, Arts & Crafts, Live Music, 5-9PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Chula Vista – Third Avenue Village Farmers’ Market | 3-7PM (more info)
- Fridays: Free Lunchtime Concerts @ Westfield UTC | ‘Plaza Unglugged’, Local San Diego Musicians, 12-2PM (more info)
- Fridays: Friday Night Live Free Concerts @ Carlsbad Village | 7-9PM (more info)
- Fridays: Ecstatic Dance: Shut Up & Throw Down @ Dance Place San Diego | Classes & Open Dance Parties, 1st & 3rd Fridays (more info)
- Fridays: Gaslamp Ghosts Walking Tour | 90 Minute Tour Through Gaslamp’s Most Haunted Locations, 5PM (more info)
- Fridays: Hops On The Harbor | Beer Pairing Dinner Cruise, Live Music, Harbor Views (more info)
- Fridays: People’s Produce Farmers’ Market | South Eastern San Diego Outdoor Marketplace, 3-7PM (more info)
- Fridays: Kearny Mesa Farmers Market @ 5898 Copley Dr | 10:30AM-1:30PM (more info)
- Fridays: La Mesa – Farmers Market @ La Mesa Civic Center | Fresh Produce, Flowers, Hot Food, Artisan Cheeses & Oils, 2-6PM (more info)
- Fridays: Imperial Beach – Farmers’ Market @ Pier Plaza | Noon-7:30PM (more info)
- Saturdays: City Heights Farmers’ Market | Produce, Arts & Crafts, Kids’ Activities, Live Entertainment, 9AM-1PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Little Italy Summer Film Festival @ Amici Park Amphiteater | Film Screenings, 8PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Vista Farmers Market @ San Diego County Courthouse | Oldest Farmers Market In San Diego County, 8AM-1Pm (more info)
- Saturdays: Little Italy Mercato @ W. Cedar From Kettner To Front | Market, Live Music, 8AM-2PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Tuna Harbor Dockside Market @ Port Of San Diego | Free, Open Air Seafood Market, 8AM-1PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Golden Hill Farmers’ Market @ B Street Between 27th & 28th | 9:30AM-1:30PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Free Lunchtime Concerts @ Westfield UTC | ‘Plaza Unglugged’, Local San Diego Musicians, 12-2PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Scripps Ranch Farmers’ Market | 9AM-1:30PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Southeast San Diego Peoples Produce Certified Market | 3-6PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Del Mar – Farmers Market @ Del Mar City Hall Parking Lot | Fresh Produce, Eggs, Seafood, Flowers, 1-4PM (more info)
- Sundays: Free Sunday Concerts @ Seaport Village East Plaza Gazebo | 1-4PM, Family Friendly (more info)
- Sundays: North San Diego Farmers Market @ Sikes Adobe Historic Farmstead | 10:30AM-3:30PM (more info)
- Sundays: Gaslamp 3rd Avenue Farmers Market | 9AM-1PM (more info)
- Sundays: Hillcrest Farmers Market @ Hillcrest DMV Parking Lot | 9AM-2PM (more info)
- Sundays: Free Lunchtime Concerts @ Westfield UTC | ‘Plaza Unglugged’, Local San Diego Musicians, 12-2PM (more info)
- Sundays: Point Loma Farmers’ Market @ Canon & Rosecrans | 9:30AM-2:30Pm (more info)
- Sundays: San Marcos – Farmers’ Market @ 1020 W San Marcos Blvd | 11AM-3PM (more info)
- Sundays: Solana Beach – Cedros Avenue Farmers’ Market | 1-5PM (more info)
- Sundays: Rancho Santa Fe – Farmers Market @ 16079 San Dieguito Rd | 9:30AM-2PM (more info)
- July: July Events, Festivals, Parties, & Entertainment
- Pride: Pride Events: Parade, Festival, Shows, & More
- September 4-7: Labor Day Labor Day Weekend Events: Concerts, Festivals, Parties, Food & Drink
Newsletter: Subscribe to our email newsletter of San Diego events, festivals, specials, & GIVEAWAYS!
Submit events: If you would like to submit events for our calendar, please email us at sandiegopipeline at gmail dot com