Many San Diego Weekend Events & Giveaways ($350+): Pride Celebrations, Sun & Sea Festival, Concerts, Movies, Parties, Beer & Wine, & More | July 16-19, 2015
It’s going to be a beautiful weekend in San Diego & we’ve got lots of area events for you including San Diego Pride celebrations all weekend, Del Mar Opening Day on Thursday, Imperial Beach Sun & Sea Festival on Friday & Saturday, Lemon Zest & Garlic Fest on Saturday, the kick-off of Pacific Beach Concerts on the Green on Sunday, & much more! Below is a list of several other fun events, and most of them are FREE!
FREE San Diego: Subscribe to our email newsletter of San Diego events, festivals, specials, & GIVEAWAYS!
Win San Diego Tickets:
- Win Tickets ($250+): San Diego Lemon Zest & Garlic Fest @ Waterfront Park | Unlimited Food, Beer & Wine, Live Entertainment, & More! (July 18)
- Win Tickets ($130+): San Diego Cork & Draft Classic Wine & Beer Festival @ Embarcadero Park North | Unlimited Tastings, Local Entertainment, & More! (August 29)
San Diego Weekend Events: July 16-19, 2015
All Weekend: Lipsinky Family San Diego Jewish Arts Festival | Theatre, Art, Music, World Premieres
The Lipinsky Family San Diego Jewish Arts Festival has been presented by San Diego Repertory Theatre for 22 years. The festival is a celebration of artistic expressions of Jewish history, traditions and ideas. The festival has brought together artists from 13 different countries, produced numerous world premieres, and presented work in seven languages. More info.
July 16: Chula Vista – Summer At The Drive-In @ South Bay Drive In | San Diego Film Award Winning Shorts & Full-Length Feature, Tailgate Party, 7PM-1AM
Showcasing 2015 San Diego Film Award Winning Short Films and Feature Film Winner Eternity the Movie. Tailgate party & pre-reception. Photographer for film team photos. Double feature of winning shorts, music vids, etc. AND the winning feature film Eternity the Movie. More info.
July 16: TNT @ Museum Of Contemporary Art | Tours, Hand-On Art Activites, Live Music, Food, 7-10PM
Dive deeper into the art with tours, art-making activities, live music on the plaza, tasty cocktails, and delicious bites from Green Truck. This TNT (Thursday Night Thing) offers the opportunity to celebrate our newest exhibitions. More info.
July 16: Art Of Music Concert Series @ San Diego Museum Of Art | Featuring Tracy Lee Nelson & The Native Blues Band, 7:30PM
The Art of Music concert series heads outside this summer with three free concerts in the Plaza de Panama June 18, July 16, and August 20. Bring a blanket or chair, grab a bite to eat at Panama 66, or pack your own picnic for this Thursday night concert featuring Tracy Lee Nelson and the Native Blues Band. More info.
July 16: Del Mar – Opening Day @ Del Mar | 40,000+ Attendees, Horse Races, Hats Contest
More than 40,000+ race fans are expected to attend what’s defined as one of the most fabulous, fashionable and fun festivities in the west — Opening Day at Del Mar. Fashion-minded guests may participate in Del Mar’s annual tradition, the Opening Day Hats Contest where entrants compete for cash prizes and judged on creativity and style. More info.
July 16: Santee – Blues & BBQ Night @ Santee Town Center Community Park | Live Music, BBQ, Beer Garden, 5:30-8:30PM
Grab a blanket or a beach chair and enjoy free live music on the lawn this summer at the Santee Summer Concert Series. The ten-week concert series features the return of fan favorites plus an eclectic lineup of other bands ranging from country to classic rock. More info.
July 16: La Jolla – Free Third Thursdays @ Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego | 5-7PM (more info)
July 17: Spirit Of Stonewall Rally @ Marston Point | Free, Cheering Crowds, Energetic Speakers, 6PM
Pride celebrations everywhere trace their heritage to the evening of June 28, 1969 when patrons of the Stonewall Inn in New York City said “No more!” to police harassment. San Diego Pride’s Spirit of Stonewall Rally is a time to recognize and honor leaders who are working hard to preserve our gains and meet the many challenges still facing our community. More info.
July 17: Pride Of Hillcrest Block Party | Music, Dance Stages, Food & Drink, 21+, 7-11PM
It’s TGI-PRIDEDAY!!! This signature party kicks off Pride weekend with urban style and flare. Immediately following the historical Stonewall Rally, we’re shutting down the streets, bringing in the dance stages and throwing an enormous block party! More info.
July 17: Electro-POP PRIDE @ Rich’s San Diego | Pride Dancy Party, DJs, Live Performance By Erika Jayne, 9PM-3AM
John Joseph & DJ dirty KURTY- Main Room; DJ Will Z (Pop & Hip Hop)- Front Room; Live performance by Erika Jayne; Huge outdoor dancefloor w/ stocked bars! More info.
July 17: Documentaries On The Prado @ Museum Of Photographic Arts | San Diego Film Awards Documentaries, 7-10:30PM
Join us to watch the winning documentaries from the 2015 San Diego Film Awards. From the Borrego Springs Liars Competition to an underwater documentary shot beneath our oceans surface, you’ll learn things you never knew about San Diego. These award winning docs are being screened for one night only. More info.
July 17: Oceanside – Concert In The Park @ Rancho Del Oro Park | 6-8PM (more info)
July 17-18: Imperial Beach – Sun & Sea Festival | Sandcastle Competition, Live Music, Parade, Pancake Breakfast, Farmers’ Market, Kids Activities
Being dubbed, “The Original Imperial Beach Sandcastle Competition,” the 2015 Imperial Beach Sun & Sea Festival will feature world-class sandcastle sculptors creating some of the best sand creations on the West Coast as well as a community parade and pancake breakfast, live music, children’s craft activities, and more! More info.
July 17-18: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy @ Embarcadero Marina Park South | High Energy, Big Band, 7:30PM (more info)
July 18: Pride Parade | Free, Starts At 11AM
This year’s parade theme is Liberty & Justice For All. The parade begins at the Hillcrest Pride Flag at University Ave. and Normal St., proceeds west on University Ave., turns south on 6th Ave., turns left onto Balboa Dr. and ends at Laurel St. More info.
July 18: Pride 5K | Post-Race Breakfast, Goodie Bags, T-Shirts, $35, 9:30-11AM
Welcome back Pride Runners! Join us with Front Runners & Walkers of San Diego; the 5K race will start and finish at University Avenue and Centre Street. Fast, flat course along the parade route, and a USAT&F Sanctioned and certified 5k course. More info.
WIN TICKETS ($250+) – July 18: San Diego Lemon Zest & Garlic Fest @ Waterfront Park | Unlimited Food, Beer & Wine, Live Entertainment, & More!
Welcome to the Lemon Zest and Garlic Fest. This event is guaranteed to be fun for the entire family with live entertainment, cooking demonstrations and contests, arts and crafts, and lots of fun activities for everyone. More info.
July 18: Pride Parade T-Dance @ Rich’s San Diego | Dance Party, Parade Views, 11AM-5PM
Main Room – DJ John Joseph; Outdoor Area – DJ Michael Paul; Parade viewing platform & dance floor outside! More info.
July 18: Pride Massive @ Rich’s San Diego | Dance Party, Live Performance By Wynter Gordon, 9PM-4AM
DJ DrewG of Dirty POP! & Nikno- Main Room; DJ K-Swift- Front Room; Fully stocked outdoor bars & dancefloor, after hours till 4am! More info.
July 18: Ramona – B.I.G. @ Ramona Oaks Park | 6-9PM, Free Summer Concerts in the Park (more info)
July 18-19: Pride Music Festival @ Balboa Park | Live Music, Comedians, Dancers, Arts & Crafts, 40,000 In Attendance, Family-Friendly
The annual San Diego Pride Music Festival in Balboa Park includes multiple stages of entertainment, more than 200 musicians, bands, comedians, and dancers, marvelous shopping at dozens of vendor booths, an art exhibit, cultural presentations, and great food! Everyone with an open heart and open mind is welcome to the San Diego Pride Music Festival! More info.
July 18-19: Dance Parties @ San Diego Pride | Dance Parties, 5 Stages, 100+ Entertainers
Celebrate diversity under San Diego’s amazing sky at 5 phenomenal stages over 2 days with more than 100 entertainers and thousands of your closest friends. Feel the excitement as we surge with house music. Featuring local acts and international DJs, it’s an experience not to be missed! Dance all day and into the night. More info.
July 18-19: Over The Line World Championships Tournament @ Fiesta Island | Sport Tournament, Food & Drink, Games Begin At 7:30AM
The annual OMBAC World Championship Over The Line Tournament, organized by Old Mission Beach Athletic Club, is a prominent event in San Diego’s beach sports life. The World Championships now gathers more than 1200 teams from all over the world. More info.
July 19: Souleil Pride @ Rich’s San Diego | Dance Party, DJs, Outdoor Dance Floor, 3-9PM
David Harness- Moulton Music. San Francisco; JoJo Flores- Got Soul. Peopl. Montreal; DJ Ala, Chris Herrera, Mikeytown and Omay Paraiso. Hosted by Javier. Fully stocked outdoor bars & dance floor! More info.
July 19: Stripper Circus Pride @ Rich’s San Diego | DJ Dance Party, With Dave Aude & Katy Tiz, 2 Dance Floors, Gogo Dancers
DJ Dave Aude & DJ Brynn Taylor- Main Room; DJ Cros- Pop & Hip Hop Room; 2 Dance floors, 16 hot gogo boys from LA & Vegas and fun games! Huge outdoor dance floor w/ fully stocked bars! Live Performance by Katy Tiz! More info.
July 19: Carlsbad – Carlsbad Grand Prix | Cycling Race, 2,000+ Spectators, Expo, Kids’ Fun Race, 7AM
The Carlsbad Grand Prix is a cycling criterium circuit along a 0.9 mile closed course that loops through Armada Drive and Fleet Street in Carlsbad. The finish boasts a sweeping view of the Pacific Ocean! More info.
July 19: La Mesa – Stoney B Blues Band @ Harry Griffen Park | Free, Part Of “Sundays At Six”, 6PM (more info)
July 19: AbbaFab @ Spreckels Park | Free, 6PM
July 19: Oceanside – Sunday Concerts at Heritage Park | Free, Family-Friendly, 4-6PM (more info)
San Diego Weekly Events:
- Thursdays: Curbside Bites @ Innovations Academy | Gourmet Food Trucks, 5-8PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Thursdays Is The New Firkin Friday @ Thorn Street Brewery | New Cask Of Specialty Ale Starting @ 5:30PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Thirsty Thursdays Trivia @ Tidewater Tavern | 7PM, Drink Specials, Prizes (more info)
- Thursdays: Carmel Valley – Certified Farmers’ Market @ Canyon Crest Academy | 2:30-7PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Horton Square Farmers Market | March-October, 11AM-3PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Linda Vista Farmers’ Market | 2-6PM (more info)
- Thurdays: UTC Farmers’ Market @ 7131 Regents | 3-7PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Balboa Park History Tour @ San Diego History Center | $15, 11AM-Noon (more info)
- Thursdays: Oceanside – Farmers’ Market @ Downtown Oceanside | 9AM-1PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Oceanside – Sunset Market @ Downtown Oceanside | Farmers’ Market, Arts & Crafts, Live Music, 5-9PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Chula Vista – Third Avenue Village Farmers’ Market | 3-7PM (more info)
- Fridays: Free Lunchtime Concerts @ Westfield UTC | ‘Plaza Unglugged’, Local San Diego Musicians, 12-2PM (more info)
- Fridays: Friday Night Live Free Concerts @ Carlsbad Village | 7-9PM (more info)
- Fridays: Ecstatic Dance: Shut Up & Throw Down @ Dance Place San Diego | Classes & Open Dance Parties, 1st & 3rd Fridays (more info)
- Fridays: Gaslamp Ghosts Walking Tour | 90 Minute Tour Through Gaslamp’s Most Haunted Locations, 5PM (more info)
- Fridays: Hops On The Harbor | Beer Pairing Dinner Cruise, Live Music, Harbor Views (more info)
- Fridays: People’s Produce Farmers’ Market | South Eastern San Diego Outdoor Marketplace, 3-7PM (more info)
- Fridays: Kearny Mesa Farmers Market @ 5898 Copley Dr | 10:30AM-1:30PM (more info)
- Fridays: La Mesa – Farmers Market @ La Mesa Civic Center | Fresh Produce, Flowers, Hot Food, Artisan Cheeses & Oils, 2-6PM (more info)
- Fridays: Imperial Beach – Farmers’ Market @ Pier Plaza | Noon-7:30PM (more info)
- Saturdays: City Heights Farmers’ Market | Produce, Arts & Crafts, Kids’ Activities, Live Entertainment, 9AM-1PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Little Italy Summer Film Festival @ Amici Park Amphiteater | Film Screenings, 8PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Vista Farmers Market @ San Diego County Courthouse | Oldest Farmers Market In San Diego County, 8AM-1Pm (more info)
- Saturdays: Little Italy Mercato @ W. Cedar From Kettner To Front | Market, Live Music, 8AM-2PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Tuna Harbor Dockside Market @ Port Of San Diego | Free, Open Air Seafood Market, 8AM-1PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Golden Hill Farmers’ Market @ B Street Between 27th & 28th | 9:30AM-1:30PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Free Lunchtime Concerts @ Westfield UTC | ‘Plaza Unglugged’, Local San Diego Musicians, 12-2PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Scripps Ranch Farmers’ Market | 9AM-1:30PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Southeast San Diego Peoples Produce Certified Market | 3-6PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Del Mar – Farmers Market @ Del Mar City Hall Parking Lot | Fresh Produce, Eggs, Seafood, Flowers, 1-4PM (more info)
- Sundays: Free Sunday Concerts @ Seaport Village East Plaza Gazebo | 1-4PM, Family Friendly (more info)
- Sundays: North San Diego Farmers Market @ Sikes Adobe Historic Farmstead | 10:30AM-3:30PM (more info)
- Sundays: Gaslamp 3rd Avenue Farmers Market | 9AM-1PM (more info)
- Sundays: Hillcrest Farmers Market @ Hillcrest DMV Parking Lot | 9AM-2PM (more info)
- Sundays: Free Lunchtime Concerts @ Westfield UTC | ‘Plaza Unglugged’, Local San Diego Musicians, 12-2PM (more info)
- Sundays: Point Loma Farmers’ Market @ Canon & Rosecrans | 9:30AM-2:30Pm (more info)
- Sundays: San Marcos – Farmers’ Market @ 1020 W San Marcos Blvd | 11AM-3PM (more info)
- Sundays: Solana Beach – Cedros Avenue Farmers’ Market | 1-5PM (more info)
- Sundays: Rancho Santa Fe – Farmers Market @ 16079 San Dieguito Rd | 9:30AM-2PM (more info)
- July: July Events, Festivals, Parties, & Entertainment
- Pride: Pride Events: Parade, Festival, Shows, & More
- September 4-7: Labor Day Labor Day Weekend Events: Concerts, Festivals, Parties, Food & Drink
Newsletter: Subscribe to our email newsletter of San Diego events, festivals, specials, & GIVEAWAYS!
Submit events: If you would like to submit events for our calendar, please email us at sandiegopipeline at gmail dot com