MANY San Diego Weekend Events & Giveaways ($290+): Surf Dog Competition, Bon Odori Festival, Chula Vista Lemon Festival, Parties, Music, Beer, Wine, & More | July 30-August 2, 2015
It’s going to be a great weekend in San Diego & we’ve got lots of area event listings for you including Hopfest Beer Tasting on Thursday, Oz Con & Watermelon Days Friday-Sunday, Bon Odori Festival & Unleashed by Petco’s Surf Dog Competition on Saturday, Chula Vista’s Lemon Festival, Craft & Draft Makers Market, & much more! As always, we also have a big list of San Diego events and more than $290 in giveaways to fill up your weekend.
FREE San Diego: Subscribe to our email newsletter of San Diego events, festivals, specials, & GIVEAWAYS!
Featured: San Diego Bacon Fest @ Liberty Station – NTC Park | Unlimited Food & Drink Tastings, 25+ Breweries & Distilleries, Live Music (Win Tickets $120)
Win San Diego Tickets:
- Win Tickets ($40): Dive-In Theater & Pool Party @ Lafayette Hotel | Film & Music Video Screenings, Beautiful Poolside Location, Drinks, Vendors, & More! (August 15)
- Win Tickets ($130+): San Diego Cork & Draft Classic Wine & Beer Festival @ Embarcadero Park North | Unlimited Tastings, Local Entertainment, & More! (August 29)
- Win Tickets ($120): San Diego Bacon Fest @ Liberty Station – NTC Park | Unlimited Food & Drink Tastings, 25+ Breweries & Distilleries, Live Music (September 5)
San Diego Weekend Events: July 30-August 2, 2015
All Weekend: San Diego International Fringe Festival | Theatre & Live Performances, Multiple Venues
The San Diego International Fringe Festival delivers the beautiful, the bizarre, and the unexpected. Artists from across the United States and around the world participate alongside home-grown talent, in art forms spanning from theatre, buskers/street performers, cabaret, comedy, circus, dance, film, poetry, spoken word, & so much more. More info.
All Weekend: La Jolla – Up Here @ La Jolla Playhouse | World-Premiere Musical Comedy, Ambitious & Razor-Sharp
When introverted, 30-something computer repairman Dan finds a potential spark with outgoing t-shirt designer Lindsay, his attempts at a relationship are thwarted by the Technicolor world in his head. This world-premiere musical brings to life the circus of judgmental, neurotic, ever-changing characters that rule an ordinary man’s mind. Up Here is an ambitious, razor-sharp musical comedy about recognizing your place in the universe — and maybe even finding happiness. More info.
July 30: Hopfest Beer Tasting @ San Diego Museum Of Man | Hop-Forward Beers, Food, Photo Booth, $20-30, 6-8PM
Try tons of hoppy craft brews at the Hopfest Beer Tasting! There will be IPAs and other hop-forward beers to taste; delicious street tacos, sausage sandwiches, and gourmet popsicles to snack on; and after-hours fun, including a selfie photo booth, in one of San Diego’s best museums. Don’t miss this summer party celebrating bold-flavored, hoppy brews! More info.
July 30: Ben Folds Live @ Embarcadero Marina Park South | Piano & Vocals With Alternative Pop/Rock Legend, 7:30PM (more info)
July 30: Spandau Ballet @ Humphreys Concerts By The Bay | 7:30PM (more info)
July 30: Santee – The Ultimate Stones @ Santee Town Center Community Park East | Part Of Free Summer Concert Series, 6:30-8PM (more info)
July 30-August 1: La Jolla – Whitney Cummings @ The Comedy Store | Stand-Up Comedy (more info)
July 31-August 1: Hooray For Hollywood! @ Embarcadero Marina Park South | Movie Music, Movie Clips, Movie Magic, 8PM (more info)
July 31-August 2: Oz Con 2015 @ Town & Country Resort & Convention Center | Panels, Displays, Rare Oz Discoveries, Quizzes, Treasure Hunts
Join us for our 51st annual Oz convention! We will again be meeting in beautiful San Diego – a city with many connections to L. Frank Baum, the creator of Oz. Baum spent winters at the Hotel del Coronado and then rented a house in Coronado where he wrote the fifth Oz book, The Road to Oz. The coast of La Jolla was a starting point in several of Baum’s fantasies, including The Scarecrow of Oz, which celebrates its 100th anniversary in 2015! More info.
July 31-August 2: Watermelon Days @ Oasis Camel Dairy | Watermelon Feeding, Kids’ Activities, Camel Show & Rides, BBQ, 1-7PM
Celebrate summer at Oasis Camel Dairy’s Watermelon Days. Feed & ride camels. Judge the watermelon carving contest. Take in the bird show & other family fun activities! More info.
August 1: Bon Odori Festival @ Balboa Park | Gathering Of Joy Festival, Live Entertainment, Games, Food & Drink, 10AM-9PM
Head to Balboa Park for the annual Bon Odori Festival! From 10AM-4PM, with paid admission, the Japanese Friendship Garden with have festivities inside the Garden; everything from games to crafts and food; you’ll find it there! More info.
August 1: Imperial Beach – Unleashed By Petco | Surf Dog Competition, Doggie Activities, Beer Garden, Food Trucks, Kid Zone, Free Photo Booth, 9AM-2PM
Get stoked! It’s time for the most adorable surf event of the year. At the 2015 Unleashed by Petco Surf Dog Competition, the most fearless dogs will jump on their boards, paddle out and hang 20! This event must be seen to be believed. Bring the whole family for a day of rad competitions, goodies and fun! More info.
August 1: Ramona – United Country (Country, Southern rock) @ Ramona Oaks Park | 6-9PM, Free Summer Concerts in the Park (more info)
August 1-2: Craft & Draft Makers Market @ Coronado Brewing Company Tasting Room | Goods For Sale From 15+ Local Artists & Craftsmen, 25 Beers On Tap, Snacks
The Craft & Draft makers market will feature over 15 local artist and craftsmen. Here, guest of all ages can shop high-quality, hand made products as they stroll along the mass production brewing system. With 25 craft beers on tap by Coronado Brewing Co. patrons can enjoy delicately crafted beer, as well as sweets by North Park’s Nomad Donuts, and bites by local food trucks. More info.
August 2: Vista – Vista Rod Run 2015 | Collector & Classic Car Show
The 26th Annual Rod Run and Vista is proud to once again host a collection of classic, hot rod and specialty vehicles along with their owners. Car clubs and their families are returning year after year creating a tradition in the heart of Vista. More info.
August 2: Chula Vista – Lemon Festival @ Third Avenue Village | 25,000+ Attendees, Live Entertainment, Beer Garden, Lemon-Themed Food & Contests, 10AM-5PM
Pucker up for the sweetest sour event of the year. The Third Avenue Village Association’s 19th annual Lemon Festival returns to Chula Vista’s original neighborhood on Sunday, August 2. Celebrate Chula Vista’s history as the Lemon Capital of the World with live bands, hundreds of vendor booths, kid’s activities and everything lemon. More info.
August 2: Bill Maher @ Humphreys Concerts By The Bay | 8PM (more info)
August 2: Pops Goes Classical: A Night In Spain @ Embarcadero Marina Park South | Music From Celebrated Spanish Composers, 7:30PM (more info)
San Diego Weekly Events:
- Thursdays: Curbside Bites @ Innovations Academy | Gourmet Food Trucks, 5-8PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Thursdays Is The New Firkin Friday @ Thorn Street Brewery | New Cask Of Specialty Ale Starting @ 5:30PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Thirsty Thursdays Trivia @ Tidewater Tavern | 7PM, Drink Specials, Prizes (more info)
- Thursdays: Carmel Valley – Certified Farmers’ Market @ Canyon Crest Academy | 2:30-7PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Horton Square Farmers Market | March-October, 11AM-3PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Linda Vista Farmers’ Market | 2-6PM (more info)
- Thurdays: UTC Farmers’ Market @ 7131 Regents | 3-7PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Balboa Park History Tour @ San Diego History Center | $15, 11AM-Noon (more info)
- Thursdays: Oceanside – Farmers’ Market @ Downtown Oceanside | 9AM-1PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Oceanside – Sunset Market @ Downtown Oceanside | Farmers’ Market, Arts & Crafts, Live Music, 5-9PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Chula Vista – Third Avenue Village Farmers’ Market | 3-7PM (more info)
- Fridays: Free Lunchtime Concerts @ Westfield UTC | ‘Plaza Unglugged’, Local San Diego Musicians, 12-2PM (more info)
- Fridays: Friday Night Live Free Concerts @ Carlsbad Village | 7-9PM (more info)
- Fridays: Ecstatic Dance: Shut Up & Throw Down @ Dance Place San Diego | Classes & Open Dance Parties, 1st & 3rd Fridays (more info)
- Fridays: Gaslamp Ghosts Walking Tour | 90 Minute Tour Through Gaslamp’s Most Haunted Locations, 5PM (more info)
- Fridays: Hops On The Harbor | Beer Pairing Dinner Cruise, Live Music, Harbor Views (more info)
- Fridays: People’s Produce Farmers’ Market | South Eastern San Diego Outdoor Marketplace, 3-7PM (more info)
- Fridays: Kearny Mesa Farmers Market @ 5898 Copley Dr | 10:30AM-1:30PM (more info)
- Fridays: La Mesa – Farmers Market @ La Mesa Civic Center | Fresh Produce, Flowers, Hot Food, Artisan Cheeses & Oils, 2-6PM (more info)
- Fridays: Imperial Beach – Farmers’ Market @ Pier Plaza | Noon-7:30PM (more info)
- Saturdays: City Heights Farmers’ Market | Produce, Arts & Crafts, Kids’ Activities, Live Entertainment, 9AM-1PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Little Italy Summer Film Festival @ Amici Park Amphiteater | Film Screenings, 8PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Vista Farmers Market @ San Diego County Courthouse | Oldest Farmers Market In San Diego County, 8AM-1Pm (more info)
- Saturdays: Little Italy Mercato @ W. Cedar From Kettner To Front | Market, Live Music, 8AM-2PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Tuna Harbor Dockside Market @ Port Of San Diego | Free, Open Air Seafood Market, 8AM-1PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Golden Hill Farmers’ Market @ B Street Between 27th & 28th | 9:30AM-1:30PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Free Lunchtime Concerts @ Westfield UTC | ‘Plaza Unglugged’, Local San Diego Musicians, 12-2PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Scripps Ranch Farmers’ Market | 9AM-1:30PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Southeast San Diego Peoples Produce Certified Market | 3-6PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Del Mar – Farmers Market @ Del Mar City Hall Parking Lot | Fresh Produce, Eggs, Seafood, Flowers, 1-4PM (more info)
- Sundays: Free Sunday Concerts @ Seaport Village East Plaza Gazebo | 1-4PM, Family Friendly (more info)
- Sundays: North San Diego Farmers Market @ Sikes Adobe Historic Farmstead | 10:30AM-3:30PM (more info)
- Sundays: Gaslamp 3rd Avenue Farmers Market | 9AM-1PM (more info)
- Sundays: Hillcrest Farmers Market @ Hillcrest DMV Parking Lot | 9AM-2PM (more info)
- Sundays: Free Lunchtime Concerts @ Westfield UTC | ‘Plaza Unglugged’, Local San Diego Musicians, 12-2PM (more info)
- Sundays: Point Loma Farmers’ Market @ Canon & Rosecrans | 9:30AM-2:30Pm (more info)
- Sundays: San Marcos – Farmers’ Market @ 1020 W San Marcos Blvd | 11AM-3PM (more info)
- Sundays: Solana Beach – Cedros Avenue Farmers’ Market | 1-5PM (more info)
- Sundays: Rancho Santa Fe – Farmers Market @ 16079 San Dieguito Rd | 9:30AM-2PM (more info)
- July: July Events, Festivals, Parties, & Entertainment
- August: August Events, Festivals, Parties, & Entertainment
- September 4-7: Labor Day Labor Day Weekend Events: Concerts, Festivals, Parties, Food & Drink
- Halloween: San Diego Halloween Parties, Costume Contest, & More
Newsletter: Subscribe to our email newsletter of San Diego events, festivals, specials, & GIVEAWAYS!
Submit events: If you would like to submit events for our calendar, please email us at sandiegopipeline at gmail dot com